Hey, I’m Arthur Meyer.
I’m gonna just write a bunch of different stuff.
1. My girlfriend Kat (whom I’ve made love to) has this sleeveless t-shirt that has a penguin on the front, and on the back it says “May 2, 1987.” Exactly one year earlier – May 2, 1986 – 200 of the world’s top photojournalists set out across America and took photos all that were eventually compiled into an amazing book called “A Day In The Life Of America.” Weird about that whole May 2 thing, right?
2. I only read like 1 out of every 20 of these Listserve emails. I feel bad that I don’t read more of them, but also it’s okay. We’re all alive now and will all die one day.
3. I always wonder whether the editosr at Listsever correct any spelling errors or if they just leave them in.
4. I’m a writer and performer at “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” What do you guys think of that show? Feel free to email me back and let me know. [email protected] is my email. Some people like it, and some people don’t. I like working there a lot. The people are wonderful. So is Jimmy. Before I was hired (back in 2012), I would appear on the show playing an NBC page. I did that for three years. One day, we were rehearsing a sketch, and Jimmy interrupted to surprise me by hiring me as a writer. It was one of the best moments of my life.
5. Once I was on shrooms and my friend Zack and I were walking through Central Park, and we 100% saw Katie Couric by herself, and she was 100% wearing spandex workout clothing, and she was 100% on her phone, and the only thing we heard her say was, “Personalization is hard for me.” I have no idea what that means, but I swear on the Lord’s anus, that truly happened.
6. I actually have my own Listserve. It’s called The Donald P. McMahon Project (arbitrarily named after a college sociology professor). I started it in 2011 (three years before my friend Gavin Purcell told me about this Listserve). Each week, a different person in the project chooses their favorite album of all time, and they write whatever they want about why they love the album or what it means to them. I include a written introduction about how I know that person. The email also includes a Spotify link to listen to that album. And it includes anything else that anyone wants to share pertaining to music. Yesterday we completed Week 300. Let me know if you want to join that project. I might not be able to add you depending on how many people respond, but let me know anyway. I’m a nice guy. I’m Jewish.
7. Feel free to write an email to me. You can say anything, but please answer these three questions:
A) Do you like grapefruit juice?
B) Describe the best and worst kisses or make out sessions you’ve ever had.
C) What’s the worst name for a baby you can think of?
8. I was on acid for my third time ever when I got the email that I’d been chosen for Listserve. How insane is that? There are almost 22,000 people in this thing, which equates to almost 60 years. And I got the email one hour into an acid trip. Das fuh’d up.
9. You are formally invited to my 40th birthday party. It’ll be on or around May 13th, 2024. Location still TBD.
I love you all.