I’m Riley and here are 6 facts about my life:
1. I’m currently 17, male, and the 2nd oldest of 9 kids.
2. I left high school at the sophomore level (I was 15 at the time) and joined a college with a charter program and now have an associates in economics and working towards a bachelors in either finance or marketing at the University of Las Vegas (UNLV).
3. Eagle Scout.
4. If it isn’t obvious yet, I’ve lived in Las Vegas my entire life.
5. I fly multi-rotor vehicles (DJI Phantom 3 and Syma X5).
6. I’ve always been LDS (More on that later if you don’t know what that means).
Now to the fun part of the message, my actual life story:
Being born and raised in Las Vegas is something unique, besides it being around 115 degrees Fahrenheit (46C) during the summer, you get a taste of every culture and industry. From people that live in the hotels, to people who just visit for the weekend, and to the people that live in the suburbs (Summerlin/Henderson), you can get exposed to every lifestyle that exists. This has led me to more opportunities than I can count for.
Growing up in Vegas is a blessing, there is always something new to do, see, and live. Whether it may be a new show, exhibit, or outdoor activity, my childhood was filled with different experiences. As I continue my journey through the last of my teenage years, I have found that I have a series of choices that I need to make that will impact the rest of my life, and that frightens me. As a person who still doesn’t have a fully formed frontal lobe (As most people my age do), I can only hope that when I look back on my past self that I will be thankful that I somehow made the correct decisions to get to where I may go.
These decisions include:
1. Do I complete a master’s degree after my bachelor’s, or do I just stick with my bachelor’s degree?
2. Do I serve a mission?
If you read #2, you now probably know that I’m LDS, a Latter-day Saint, or “Mormon”, which explains the big family and mission. Regardless of what anyone says to me, I will always have the church to thank for my friends, my standards of always putting my best effort forward, and for giving me opportunities that I otherwise would not have had. Also if you have any questions regarding Latter-day Saints/Mormons, please email me, I will be more than happy to answer any questions regardless of what it may be (I don’t get offended very easily so ask anything whether it may be about our beliefs, standards, etc.).
Also I dare say I learned the best joke on Earth the other day.
Q: What’s the fastest Liquid on Earth?
A: Milk, it’s pasteurized before you see it.
Websites you should visit:
waitbutwhy(DOT)com – a great blog about every question you may have
jalopnik(DOT)com – cars, tech, ect.
westcoaster(DOT)net – theme park photos and randomness
Bands that everyone should know:
Depeche Mode – the best band in the history of ever
Pendulum – a close second
Basshunnter – Swedish electronic music
Glove and Boots
Companies to follow:
Have a wonderful day.
Email me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
Las Vegas, Nevada
- . -..- - / -- . / .- - / .---- --... ----- ..--- ..... ....- ..... ---.. ...-- ----- .....