Howdy! Andrew here, author of the wildly popular Listserve entry "Everything I Threw Away".
It's been about a year since I last checked in with an exhaustive list of every object I discarded over a 24-hour period in hopes of reminding us all to pay more attention to how much we consume while offering a unique peek into one dope's life. Now the good people at The Listserve have bowed to public demand/random chance and invited me to submit another chapter. Smart move!
What follows is a list of every object I parted with yesterday, a day largely spent wandering from Astoria to Jackson Heights with my darling girlfriend, Nikki (RIP Prince). Let's-get-to-it!
Everything I Threw Away During My Day Off, the Thirtieth of April in the Year of Our Lord 2016
1. 1 ball of tinfoil that had previously wrapped an egg-cheese-bagel from Lite Bites on Steinway
2. 3 used napkins included with the bagel
3. 1 small plastic mango nectar bottle from Patel Brothers on 74th St.
4. 1 small aluminum can of Limca soda from PB
5. 1 tiny price tag dangling from a pair of dollar store sunglasses, cut off by the cashier (37th Ave.)
6. 1 pamphlet advertising palm reading from a guy on 37th
7. 1 liter water bottle with an athlete's spout cap thing from a different dollar store on 37th
8. 1 piece of Extra Polar Ice gum and its wrapper in a garbage on 34th Ave.
9. Maybe two forkfuls of rice untouched by any curry at Indian Taj's buffet on 74th St.
10. 1 golf ball-sized clump of cat hair, cumulatively scraped off my cat, Mingus
11. About 1/2 pint of milk that'd gone bad, dumped down my drain
12. 1 plastic freshness ring from a jar of PB halva, recycled
13. 2 mango spears and their baggy, forgotten in a pocket and crushed and warm
14. 1 Food Bazaar bag of cat poop
And that's it, I guess, nothing crazy. Shouts to Ari.
See you next year!